Sunday, August 21, 2016

Countdown to Leaving Day Continues

Work for the week over, I am back to getting ready for the trip. I have to work hard to keep the panic down. I don’t feel ready – but I will be!

This morning I dug out the old Tracfone and a recorder I bought for my January-February 2015 trip. I haven’t used either since. The Tracfone doesn’t seem to be charging. I bet I’ll have to get a new one. I may not use a cell phone around home, but I need one while traveling. It’ll be off to Radio Shack tomorrow, I guess.

I changed the batteries in the recorder. I didn’t make good use of it on the last trip. This time I want to use it for making notes as I’m driving. I hate it when I forget something I saw. Often there are just little things like something in the scenery, a funny sign, or a place I might want to visit sometime. 

I keep looking at the atlas, but the route is pretty much decided, unless for some reason I take a detour. I love maps. Of course, it’s always a worry that I’ve missed something and I’ll mess up. I won’t.

I have a huge list of things I need to get done before I leave – and leaving is only three days away (that is if I can get out of here on Wednesday, which I’d like to). I have crossed off one item on the list of 16 as of this moment, now a second, but I added another.

Tomorrow I’ll do laundry and that’s when I’ll pack clothes. I’m not a dressy-up person and I worry about wearing a dress. Will the family be disappointed if I’m not in a dress? I don’t wear dresses well. I do have an old dress that’s really beautiful – as long as I’m not wearing it. I’ll try it on and if I don’t like it, I’ll have to stick to pants and shirt. They’ll have to take me as I am.


But I think they know that by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment