Monday, March 18, 2019

Am I Done or Should I Do More?


A few light flakes were falling at 7 a.m. and it was only 21 degrees with a predicted day’s high of 35. The sky looked light, more so towards the east. I figured once the sun was higher, it would burn through any overcast and be sunny – and it was.

Once more there are decisions to make on the day’s projects: write, paint, chores, take photos … Lately, I tend to go with whatever I’m feeling in the moment.

Monday is laundry and after the first load was in the dryer and second in the washer, I went out to unblock the dryer vent. I prop a brick against the little door to stop rodents from getting inside.

While outside, I took photos of the brook. It’s fascinating this time of year because the snow, ice, and water flow is always changing, and the formations are intriguing.

 I now have four days of brook photos to edit and post. I’m falling behind on photo editing. I used to do photos every day, but lately, writing and pastel painting are taking my time – along with newspaper work.

I didn’t get in the studio until late yesterday. I’m still deciding if the painting is finished. Of course, I can’t leave it alone and I pick at it here and there. Too often I don’t like the tweaking and end up fixing the changes Sometimes I wish I hadn’t touched it.

The photo used for inspiration was taken on a rainy day and I’d hoped to capture the raindrops. I’ve been doing some practice, but the raindrops on the blossoms are small. It’s hard to get the right look.

The verdict is still out whether I’m finished, although I did sign the painting. I like it a lot and can’t wait for it to find a new home. I’m ready to move on to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment