Monday, February 9, 2015

Travels with Sasha Day 21


February 9 

I’m not ambitious today and think I’ll just hang out at the hotel. I write for awhile then go down to the breakfast room for biscuits and gravy. At least the TV isn’t blasting depressing news – except for the storm in the northeast. I’m glad I chose to stay in Fredericksburg until tomorrow. 

Part of me would like to go back to that battlefield I saw on the tour yesterday, but I just don’t feel like driving. I have two more days of heavy driving to get home and I want to save my energy for that. I do pour over Google maps again. I could be in Port Jervis, N.Y. in a little over five hours depending on traffic, weather, and road conditions, but that would be going I-95N a bit more then taking I-495 around D.C. and catching Rte. 15N. I don’t want to go anywhere near Washington and I-495 is a toll road. 

There are a couple other options. Rte. 15N could be accessed by going east along I-66 from Rte. 17N and that would bring me into Harrisburg, Pa., where I-81 would be picked up. Rte. 15 goes through Gettysburg. Then there is that route those people told me to take yesterday. But it would be so tough to go by historical places and not stop. Any stopping might not get me to the New York border because I’ll be too tired. 

I’ll see what tomorrow morning brings and make decisions then. I’ll be checking the weather and the routes. I want to be out of here by 8 a.m. 

I finish catching up on the blogging and work on editing photos. Eleven pictures are posted to Facebook. I’m only up to the first full day in St. Augustine and that was Tuesday. St. Augustine is one of my favorite places. I love the history, architecture, and friendliness of everyone and it doesn’t feel hectic there. I had loved the Nature Coast of Florida, too, where Andrea and Lance have their house. 

I again have lunch at Perkins Family Restaurant. I drive over because today is much cooler than yesterday and there’s a bite to the air. Later I go for a swim and sit in the hot tub… figured out where to turn it on this time. One of the workers has been painting and propped the door open while he cleaned brushes and equipment outside. Oooh, that air is cold coming in. I keep my shoulders below the surface. Steam rises from the water.

Back in the room I am totally unambitious. Maybe it’s because I didn’t sleep well last night. Yes, I am a bit worried about the journey home, then being home with all that snow. Snow is beautiful, but I don’t want to deal with it and the cold any more. Gosh, I’ve been saying that a lot, and once I actually see how much, I’ll probably be saying it more. 

Still, I want to be in my own place, sleep in my own bed, and enjoy the company of my little fur ball. I can’t wait to cuddle her.

No comments:

Post a Comment