Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Decisions Decisions




For a week or so, among everything else I had to do, was the decision of who to self publish my book through. One previous book was done through blurb.com, but that company does not offer ISBNs although one can be bought elsewhere and copied and pasted. I did one book through lulu.com, but somehow wasn’t totally satisfied. Subsequent printings were done through a local printer. This time, I am also considering Amazon’s createspace.com because that might give better sales opportunities.

I spend so much time hemming and hawing over these decisions that I feel I am falling behind. Not that I have any real deadline with this book, it’s just I want to get to the meat and potatoes. Right now I am debating over book size. My favorite size and the one that is considered most popular is 6 x 9. However, if it is partly a picture book, should I go with a bigger size? Arrghh!

This is why I sometimes do not get things accomplished. Issues that I think should be simple become major obstacles. I get stuck in not being able to decide and eventually another project distracts me.

I don’t want that to happen this time!

Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment