Friday, March 11, 2016

Feeling the Need to Get Back to Art

I have only felt twinges towards my art these past few months as the house issue takes my energy and attention. I am even up in the air about the direction of my art career. I want to sell my art, but I don’t want to do shows. No, I am not giving up. Perhaps it’s just being in limbo until the house is completely (or almost completely) to my liking.

Writing is my huge passion with photography second. Charcoal drawing also calls to me and I can feel a paintbrush in my hand and feeling the stroke across the canvas with a brilliant spot of color. However, painting is far down on the list. I’ve not totally given up on it, but with everything else…

The writing is a constant in my life and is my life saver. Writing is my job. It is my life. Without the writing, I don’t know if I could live or want to live and yes, I do consider it an art.

This is the third month of the year. My website needs a new look, but feeling in limbo with my art, I’m hesitant to make changes yet. The need is feeling stronger. Maybe this means I to adapt my site to where I am in this moment. The wording, my story, needs to be refreshed. Viewers need to see something new.

I need to design new brochures, too, but how can I when my art direction hasn’t solidified yet? I am quite adamant in some aspects, but not so much in others. My head just won’t wrap around it and focus.

I started a 100 Photos 100 Days challenge on February 1 not really sure if I would stick with it. We (there are four us doing it) are now on Day 40. I’m surprised at myself for sticking with it. I’ve not done any of my normal photo shooting days, so this has kept the spark burning.

Pele, my gorgeous kitty, provides endless antics and poses. She thinks she’s a model. I’ve taken some interesting shots of ice in the brook and snow on logs left from when trees were cut down. One day I took photos of four different-colored, see-through wine glasses and yesterday I used those same wine glasses and put water in them.

I am intrigued by the light and reflections that the glass and liquid picks up from the room and the counter top. Today the plan is to put an ice cube in each glass to see what that does. The next day, I’ll put wine in the glasses (‘course, I’ll have to drink the wine after taking the photos). 

This morning I started a list of photos I’ve taken recently that I want to print and mat. I may even frame a couple to hang on the wall.

Maybe this is a sign the photography fire has ignited again.



No comments:

Post a Comment