Sunday, April 3, 2016

A Name, a Brand, and an Ad


Tomorrow is the deadline for to place an ad in Kearsarge Magazine. I have the wording, but I wanted to do a new picture from the one I’ve used on my business cards that past six years. It’s time for a change. I’m struggling and it’s depressing me.

I’ve considered pictures of my drawings. I’ve been taking new photographs, but I’m missing something. Nothing is quite right and I don’t know exactly what I need to be doing. I can’t seem to wrap my mind around what I need and want.

And, of course, there’s still the fear of what if I choose the wrong one? What if I choose a picture and two weeks down the road I come up with something else? How do I brand my business? Marketing is certainly not my forte. 

I did work on updating my website this week and I’m still in the initial phases. How much do I change? Do I do a total overhaul or just make sure information is up to date. Do I keep the old stories of who I am and how I got to this point in my life? (For people who don’t know me). Do I make it totally new? (To give those who have seen my website and story something new).

I do plan on putting new pictures on the site, but I’m feeling stuck. It doesn’t help that in the changing from PC to Apple, my photos are off somewhere in never-never land and to find them is such an effort… and then they are in a read-only file and I have to move them to some other program and it all just messes with my brain and I get frustrated and give up.

Am I whining? I’m sorry. I just want to do my work without all this hassle.

On a good note, I’ve been invited to give a talk about what I do this week and I’m very excited. It’s hard for me to get up in front of people. I will read some excerpts from my books, a couple of poems, and talk about “Living the Life of an Artist.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment