Sunday, December 14, 2014

More Serious Planning


The planning continues. Ideas run rampant jumping from one to the next. The excitement builds. 

There’s a part of me that’s hesitant about writing another book so soon, but I have to follow this passion. And although it’s been in the back of my mind to talk with more people, today it’s a slap aside the head. Make people more of a focus! After all, the trip isn’t just about me and what I see. It’s also about the people I meet along the way and the stories they tell. 

The last trip wasn’t so much about people as it was about my great adventure. I’ve done that, I’ve broken the ice. Now, there’s a bit of regret that I did not paying more attention to others. Yes, I did get permission to mention some of them in my book, but I never took people pictures. I never really wrote their story. Oh, I wish I could meet them again. 

This next book will definitely add another segment. There will still be my personal traveling tales, the photographs, and bits of history of the places visited. However, this time I will purposely seek out others to add a people section to the journey. My goal is to include at least one other person in my daily chapters.

One aspect of including more people in this book is to pay homage to the men and women in the hospitality service. Their jobs are to make customers more comfortable and give them a memorable experience. From tour guides to information personnel in the visitor centers to wait staff in restaurants and those in the hotels, how often do they do they get in the spotlight? Maybe they’d get a kick out of a customer paying attention to them! 

Of course, I’ll have to be careful. I never want to take someone away from doing their job. I often go out of my way to not be in the way or a nuisance. The last thing I’d want to do is get someone in trouble with their bosses. However, this may be a feather in the caps of whatever business or visitors’ site I write about. 

Another reason to do this will be to help me with my shyness around others. It will also help me be a better reporter/interviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment