Sunday, October 23, 2016

Driving to Wichita, Day 9

Day 9, Thursday
Hampton Inn, Kansas City MCI

I am up at my regular time. As usual there isn’t anything appealing for breakfast, but I do get more coffee to bring back to my room where I spend the rest of the morning. The journaling takes longer than usual because I keep getting up to do odds and ends. Then I buckle down to start the week’s work. The calendar folder is cleaned out for the time being and I’m editing articles when Eric messages. They were able to get a direct flight and arrived earlier than planned. We make arrangements for lunch and I’m on my way to pick them up by 1 p.m.

It’s a beautiful day with bright sun, low humidity, temps in the mid 70s with a slight breeze. It is wonderful to see familiar faces. I’m excited to have company and although I’m driving, it’s nice to have someone else figure out the directions for awhile. We go to a nearby Ruby Tuesdays and enjoy steaks, salad bar, and great conversation. I drop them back at their hotel after a quick stop at a convenience store and I’m back at work by 3 p.m. 

The pool outside my window calls to me and at 4 p.m. I decide to take a break, change into my swim suit, and head to the pool. The water is cool, refreshing, and just what I need. I do my usual exercises and take 12 photographs before heading back to my room. 

Birds nest in a tree by the pool.
I import the pictures, delete eight, edit a couple, and post one to Facebook for our photo-a-day. Then I work until 6:30 before settling down for the night. This hotel may be nicer than Comfort Inn, but the TV reception is terrible it keeps going out. There are only two channels I care to watch - Food and History. I read during commercials.


No comments:

Post a Comment