Thursday, January 16, 2014

Celebrating the Start of the Year

I am in the process of re-vamping my website and working with Dr. Bob to help promote myself further. He set me up with a program in which I can post photos myself to the site. I've got a start on it. I have all the text updates completed and we are working on getting the right size fonts and tightening things up.

There are still a couple of issues to take care of. The first is the blog. I don't know what happened in my system, but now I have to sign out of tds and into gmail to work on the blog. I never used to go through this before. Sometimes it doesn't work. This has put a damper on my postings as I feel I have to "fight" with this all the time. I am considering another blog site, but that would mean learning another program and changing things around. (As you can see, this morning it works.)

I am also designing a Purchasing of Images and Products page for my website show that I can show everyone what I am selling. I want to take photos of what the three different types of cards that I do and supply descriptions for those of you who cannot physically look at the card ahead of time.

Besides note cards and frame cards, I'm going to do a Pick and Choose Poetry Card in which I will have some of my poems listed. You can choose a poem then go to my art gallery and choose a photo and I will print a card or cards. What's great about these cards is that these will make awesome gifts. These can be keepsake cards in that the card can be cut in half and put in one of those two-picture frames so there will be a nice photograph and the poem.

I am very excited about this year, 2014. I have many ideas and projects in the works. Some of which entails finishing the ones from 2013. Updating the website is just one of the works in progress and should be finished soon. I also need to get back to the two books that are being worked on. I have many new photographs with which to make cards and prints to build a new inventory. Yes, times are very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment