Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Donning a Different Hat


It’s time to buckle down and concentrate on the two upcoming art shows. This coming Saturday, August 2, I will be in Goffstown for their Uncommon Art on the Common show. The following weekend, August 9 and 10 will find me at the Gallery at Well Sweep in Hillsborough Center for the HAA Open Studio Tour.

Off comes the writing and editing hat and on comes the artist’s beret. Well, not a beret maybe because I am not actually doing the art, just preparing what is already done for the shows. I made post cards to promote the new book “Too Cold for Alligators” and I printed new brochures yesterday. I’ll do more brochures today and maybe print new note cards.

I wish I understood and knew the terms better for different kinds of hats. You all know that I talk about the hat analogy often regarding all my different “jobs.” I wish I could name a style of hat and come up with a description including color, material and accoutrements for each one. Then I could draw little caricatures of myself wearing these different hats. What fun.

I have today and tomorrow to work on this as come Thursday, I will be back to the editing role again. I have to get as much done as I will be without internet on Saturday and unable to do any newspaper work.


If you’re out and about on Saturday and get a chance, visit my booth in Goffstown from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. I will be sharing with Nan McCarthy and we’ll have an array of cards, prints, charcoal drawings, and acrylic paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment