Monday, July 28, 2014

Update on "Too Cold for Alligators"


I received a phone call late Saturday afternoon from AuthorSolutions. She announced that they agreed to do my changes at no further cost to me. Yes! She started talking about grayscale and the work their production team will have to do. I said that I have the photos in grayscale and asked if it would be easier for me to send the file and she agreed. I liked this better because then I would have control of the editing. (Of course it still depends on the printing.)

I told her the issues I had with the color of the cover being too dark for the background pictures to show and that the font on the back was too small to read easily. She said they would take care of that, too. I next mentioned my mistake of forgetting to put “insert photo 2186” after the text on the last page of the interior. I knew as that was definitely my mistake that it would probably cost me. She surprised me by saying they would include that, also.

I am pleased. A company should work at making sure their customers (authors in this case) are happy with the product. These self-publishing companies are set up to be, basically, printers of what they are sent. However, there must be satisfaction in the result. I have been set back a few weeks and will not have copies of the book for sale at the upcoming shows, but at least when I do get copies they will be up to my standards. They have done well in their agreeing to fix the problems and that they are including my own error is very much appreciated.

So, yesterday after finishing my editing work for the week and writing an article, I went through the pictures. I was told to send the files using wetransfer.com and I uploaded the photos and hit send. It took over an hour for the 50 pictures to transfer. I also sent an email detailing the changes I wanted. Now it’s back to the waiting game, but I am excited. This will work!

The e-book version will not change and is still available at amazon.com. 



No comments:

Post a Comment