Thursday, July 17, 2014

I'm Not Infallible


I am proving this week’s previous blog writings correct. I am embarrassed to say that I have been called out on yet another mistake. These last two were totally my fault in not paying attention to numbers. Both instances had me putting in a wrong time. And what was one of the first things I was ever told? Always double check times and dates! Oops, sorry.

Well, sometimes you need the slap to the head to get you to pay attention. At least it’s not a physical slap, ha ha. I need it from time to time as I tend to slide into apathy as things I do the same every week tend to be skimmed through. This goes to show that I have to double check everything.

Book News
An email received yesterday informed me that my copy of Too Cold for Alligators has shipped. I can’t wait to see it! Did they lighten the photos? I hope so. They were too dark in the galley which didn’t have anything to do with how I edited, but how AuthorHouse changed the photos to black and white. I commented on it and they said they’d take care of it. I am hoping that everything will be okay and I can have copies on hand for the upcoming show on August 2 in Goffstown.

As for the next book on day trips which has been on the back burner for six months, I’m back to working on it. I have nine chapters done and I re-read them to catch myself up and re-edit. I’m holding off on the pictures until I see how the photos in Too Cold for Alligators come out. I’m also reconsidering the title and use of subtitles.

Random Day Trips: There and Back Again; Around New Hampshire in a Single Day would be a three line title, centered on the page. I’ll probably take out the “There and Back Again.” I never like long titles.

Upcoming Shows
I still have pictures on display (and for sale) at the Connecticut River Bank, Broad Street, Claremont until Tuesday, August 5.

Uncommon Art on the Common is a one day show held on Main Street in Goffstown on August 2 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Artists and artisans will be set up in the park and along the downtown area of Main Street. I will be sharing a canopy with Nan McCarthy and we’ll have cards, paintings, photographs, and charcoal drawings. Come on down and check us out.

The following weekend, August 9 and 10 will find me at the Gallery at Well Sweep on Center Road in Hillsborough for an Open Studio Tour from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.


I will be entering photographs in an upcoming show at the Jaffrey Civic Center which will run August 22 through September 27. An opening reception will be held Friday, August 22 from 5 - 7 p.m. Regular hours are: Tuesday, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Wednesday - Friday, 1 - 5 p.m. and Saturday, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. 

No comments:

Post a Comment