Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Travels with Sasha: Day 1, the leaving


The leaving is hard. There’s always the worry that something will be forgotten. Is everything packed? Were items unplugged that needed to be?
 
The car windows need to be washed and probably should have been done yesterday while it was warmer outside. The rest of the items need to be put in the vehicle and I need to decide which coats and jackets to bring.
 
Pele was being lovable and extra attentive this morning until she was distracted by a gray squirrel. Hopefully, she will be napping when I leave because if she watches me go out the door, I will cry. The big white puff ball will be missed even though my clothes get covered with white fur.
 
This morning it dawned on me that I don’t want to be comparing this trip with the one in 2013. Yes, the route will be the same – unless something catches my attention and I take a detour – but there will be differences. My writing style will be much improved. More attention will be paid to people met along the way.
 
My entire emotional-ness is different this time. There’s a part of me that would like to say forget it and stay home. The excitement isn’t here. Then again, once I get on the road, it’ll become so.
 
So, it’s time to finish what is needed and get on the road. I will check in when I get to a hotel tonight… probably in Port Jervis, N.Y., but you never know.              

No comments:

Post a Comment