Sunday, January 18, 2015

Travels with Sasha


The countdown is on! Well, it should have been on, but my emotions about going to Florida have been up and down. There’s the excitement about the traveling, revisiting some places from the 2013 trip, seeing new places, and spending time in Citrus Springs with friends. 

The other side is the amount of work there is to do… or I feel I have to/want to do. I’m in the middle of revamping my accounting and inventory keeping for better organization. There are drawings to do, stories and a book not yet finished, photographs, editing, finding a new smaller house… Oh, there are a myriad of excuses to not go.

But I have to go; for sanity, mental well-being, and to get renewed. A fresh outlook is needed as these past six months have been incredibly busy. I am not complaining. My current job, editor of the InterTown Record, is the best job ever and I work for the most amazing woman! However, between editing, reporting, photography, doing interviews, covering stories, and keeping up with the artist side of my life has energy and creativity levels at a low. 

The newspaper work comes with me and I will always be taking photographs and writing. The change of scenery is what will bring on new inspiration. It’s amazing to be able to travel and still do the job. That, in itself, is exciting and the new book is already started. This one will be much improved over “Too Cold for Alligators” although that book was a great accomplishment. (I’m considering “Not Too Cold for Alligators” for the title as it will be a sequel to the other.) 

So today, Sunday, laundry is being done and as clothes are folded, some will go into suitcases. Other items will be added as a mixture of cold and warm weather pieces will be needed. One of the joys about driving is to be able to bring extra. Portable easel and drawing supplies are already packed and I’m hoping to do some en plein air work. Most everything will be made ready today. 

Tomorrow will be about cleaning the house. It will be nice to come home knowing that. Neighbors will be watching the house and Karen will be coming over once or twice a day to check on things and take care of Pele. Yes, it will be hard to say goodbye to my precious puss, but I’ll be back.  

Leaving day will be Tuesday or Wednesday. Right now I’m leaning towards Tuesday, but we’ll see how tomorrow goes.

Be sure to follow my blog as I’ll be writing daily as I travel. Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment