Sunday, June 28, 2015

House Hunting is Discouraging


I don’t handle this well. I don’t like shopping and to be shopping for a home is 100 times worse. I’m at the point where I’ve put off my writing and art so long that it’s affecting my health. Yes, I write for the newspaper, and I love what I do, but it’s not the same as writing my travel stories and working with the photographs taken during the travels.

This morning I started checking other modular home places online. It’s so tedious and depressing. I also checked realtor.com for homes for sale and only got through two towns before I had to give up because I was stressing too much.

I need to be happy and excited. I’m starting a brand new chapter in my life. I know what I want. I really don’t think I’m asking for much, but perhaps I am because what I want does not fit the average Joe. I’m not an average Joe. I am planning my forever home and because it will be my last home, I want what I want. I don’t want to settle for less-than as I have in the past two homes and I don’t want to spend the rest of my life fixing up a place to fit my style. 

I have two months to get out of here which means I’ll probably have to store all my possessions and rent a small place for me ‘n Pele for a short time until I find my new home. I keep hoping something will pop up in time, but time’s running out.

I still have lots of packing to do and will be getting rid of lots.


There was a bit of excitement on Friday as Don, Carol, and I went to look at modular/manufactured homes in Tilton. It was fun looking at the different places, floor plans, configurations, cabinet styles and all that. I could do something like that. I don’t need granite counter tops or hardwood floors or anything fancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment