Sunday, February 8, 2015

Travels with Sasha Day 19


February 7 

I wake thinking about getting home. Google maps and weather.com are studied. It’s four and a half hours to Scranton, Pa. with the weather saying 39 degrees and rain. It’s six hours from Scranton to Bradford, N.H., but the weather forecast for Monday is lots of snow. No matter what, tomorrow will not be a good travel day. 

I check out the breakfast around 7:30. Ugh, nothing appealing and the thought of sitting there listening to the TV blaring depressing news is something I am not going to do. Why do places have to have TV blaring everywhere now? Can’t people do anything without being bombarded with negative happenings? I refuse to listen and return to my room. 

I spend the entire day editing, working on the community calendar, and writing my column. I periodically check messages and answer. I finish up before 4:30 and because I haven’t eaten, go to the front desk for delivery menus. There’s no one around the pool and it looks so inviting that I hurry back to the room to change into a swimsuit. 

Oh, the water is warm and feels so good. Up and down the length of the pool, sometimes face up and other times swimming; back and forth until I’m tired… at least 15 times. Then it’s over to the hot tub where the heat warms muscles and bones. So good! 

It would be nice to have some conversation, but traveling alone leaves a lot of silent times. I get out and dry as well as possible and head back to the room. I feel better than I have in days! 

I order delivery and enjoy another good meal, then settle to watch TV for an hour or so. A good day!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment