Monday, March 23, 2015

Changing wall décor to combat the blah of the season


The other day Nan made a comment about the lack of color of the season. We’ve talked about this often, how the late winter and early spring are so blah and colorless. The pretty snow is now dirty and the debris from trees litters the ground making it all messy looking. 

A light bulb went on in my brain. My charcoal drawings kind of match the landscape out my window. Hmmm, I have a lot of colorful photos that came back from various shows and I haven’t decided what to do with them. Hey! Why don’t I swap the photos with the drawings? 

I took the drawings from the wall and packed them in foam pouches. Each was replaced with a colorful, vibrant photograph. Wow, what a difference! I like my drawings, but putting these bright images on the wall really changes the demeanor of the rooms. I can’t wait to do up more photos to replace the rest of the drawings. 

Does that mean I won’t be doing any more charcoal drawings? No, they definitely have a place in my art life. It’s just right now I want more color. 

And speaking about photos, I’m still in a dilemma on how to do the picture book about my trip. There are so many awesome pictures. What am I going to do with them? I want others to share my experience. I’ll figure it out somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment