Monday, March 16, 2015

Making the Book More Interesting


Working to make the book more interesting 

I got through the first draft of Day 8 yesterday. I’ll go back again and again adding better descriptions and tightening up the chapter. Then I’ll have to decide which photos to insert. It’s so difficult, in a way, to work on this chapter because I want to go back there so bad, and while it’s great to relive the experience, it makes me want to see more of the place. (I wasn’t able to do all the trails.) 

This morning my mind is again running rampant with ideas for the book. I am working on using a Sasha’s Star Rating for lodgings, meals, and sites visited. That’s not totally formulated, yet, as the ideas keep bouncing around. I am working on a one through five rating and need to come up with descriptions. 

Two things stood out for me. One is that it’s hard for me to give anything an absolute 5-star rating for excellence as nothing is ever totally perfect. What I see as perfection may not be how someone else sees it. Plus, there is always some little negative. So how do I judge the pros versus cons? Maybe #5 should just be: Excellent with only a couple minor flaws

Then there is the #1 rating. Would I ever say something is so horrible to never go there? After all, this is all just my opinion. So would the #1 description be something like: Highly disappointing, I would not come here again?

Maybe I should make a check list for everything I look for in a hotel and add them up like points with each star worth so many points. What do you think?

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment