Saturday, March 14, 2015

More photos than I can handle


I edited 59 photos for Day 7 of my trip and between yesterday and today, I edited 61 of Day 8. I can’t help it. And if I edited this many, imagine how many I didn’t. But again I hem and haw and am indecisive with the editing. I don’t trust my eyes. Is what looks good to me going to print well and look good to others? There are so many variables. I wish there was someone here who could say, “Tweak that one a little bit more” or “No, too much.” 

How can I fit all these photos in the book? There’s no way I can do just one. The travel book with all the text can only handle so many images and adding maps, means less photos. I am planning to do a picture book of the traveling, too. So many pictures never made it to print from the 2013 trip and it’s such a shame. Some are awesome photos. I don’t want it to happen this time.

But can a travel picture book sell? I don’t know. Would anyone be interested, but me? Do picture books work as ebooks? Does anyone buy those? The one thing that I have come to realize is that a picture book is much more interesting than a photograph album. Maybe that means I should only do one for myself. 

I’m also considering doing more than one picture book. I could do the recent travel book. I can go back and do 2013 trip photos. There is also the possibility of breaking it down into interests like: Plantations of the Charleston area in Pictures and I could include 2013 and 2015 photos. The plantations would include BrookGreen Gardens, Magnolia Gardens and Plantation, Middleton Place, Drayton Hall, and Boone Plantation. There are still too many photos. 

What a dilemma! Maybe it should just be a series of smaller books. I can’t just let these photos go to waste. They are too beautiful. I want to share this beauty with everyone. 

Editing the photos of the visit to Magnolia Gardens makes me want to go back there. That’s a place to return to time and again. I’d never get tired of its beauty and history and as the visits were in the winter, I wonder what it would be like to see the trees and flowers in full bloom. I would walk these trails every day if I could (and in January, I met a couple of women who walk there once a week).

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment