Thursday, July 16, 2015

Six Weeks to Find a Home


I have to move out of this house in six weeks. That’s not a lot of time. I’ve looked and looked and I’m frustrated beyond belief. It’s to the point where headaches won’t go away and my stomach is in such knots that I feel sick. 

What makes it harder with the time frame is that most likely I will have to rent a place for awhile before I find my forever home. That means more expense; not only finding a small place for me ’n kitty, but renting a place to store the majority of my possessions and the insurance to cover that. That will all drain my finances leaving me less for my forever home.

I’m looking for a forever home. My sons would like to see me go into a 55+ community. I’m fussy about my privacy and often those places are so close together with no privacy between the homes. I am thinking I may have to compromise. I am now thinking that the house itself is more important than the location. If I’m not happy inside my home, what does the location matter? Especially as I work from home and spend a lot of time inside.

Yesterday I did the go-around (in my mind) about home owner’s associations and covenants. Not that they’re bad, it’s just more rules and regulations. Some are telling me that there are regulations where they live and it’s not so bad.

I’ve spent hours online looking at homes for sale. People keep telling me to actually go and look, but how can I look at something that doesn’t appeal to me?

I have gone to a couple of places and looked at modular/manufactured home models. This has helped me get a better feel of what type of space would suit me. There are a number of questions that still need to be answered. 

The biggest issue is finding a piece of land and getting done all that would be necessary. It’s a huge endeavor, but to have something new and arranged to suit me is exciting and would be so wonderful. The land situations would be same if I built. Timing is an issue in either of these scenarios.

What’s been awesome is the support and suggestions I receive. I feel guilty when I have to say I don’t like a home someone has told me about, but a good thing about it is that it helps me to really know what I do want.


I appreciate that family and friends are willing to put up with me as I go through this process. There are times when I am a wreck. I can’t “throw in the towel” because there is no choice. I have to move. I can’t help being scared and frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment