Thursday, February 21, 2019

Thought I’d Quit but Didn’t


Lately I seem to be getting a second wind in the afternoon.

I was in a bit of a funk today. Yesterday I packed away all my pastels in a box because a neighbor said he'd fix my pastel drawer trays -- then never showed up. I called him twice yesterday and he said he’d be over soon. Guess I should’ve asked what “soon” meant.

I feel stalled. I can’t do anything with all the pastels packed. Plus, I was depressed to think I have to nag people. If you’re not coming, say so. Don’t leave me hanging or in wait mode.

I called him again. He said later today or tomorrow morning. I won’t hold my breath.

I went in the studio about 2:30 to water the plants, picked up a stick of charcoal and started laying background for this picture. I had the preliminary sketch done the beginning of the month, then the other night while watching TV, I attempted thumbnails. Maybe I should say, failed at the thumbnails.

I couldn’t clearly see the background behind the birch trees, and it was so busy back there. It looks like branches from the trees from the other side of the brook were mingling with branches of the foreground birches. I gave up figuring I’d chuck this scene and go on to something else.

So, I was surprised when I started working on this today. I think it’s going to work out great. My hand shakes though trying to do the trees. Drat this getting old! But I’m not really complaining. I like my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment