Friday, September 4, 2015

Day 9: The Sorting Continues

I suppose I could say I did something artsy this morning. (Gosh, how long has it been since I’ve done any art?) I sorted all my pens into their respective colors.

Oh, have I ever said that I’m a pen-a-holic? I bet there are over a hundred pens, markers, and highlighters in as many colors as I can get. (I don’t know why I have a lot of highlighters. I seldom use them.) I don’t have enough containers to hold the various pens to keep the colors separate; and yes, I have enough that there could be separate containers for almost every color. I can’t resist buying colorful pens.

I’ve also been weeding out tools. How did I ever end up with so many? Last night I came across a brand new set of doll making tools. Why would I ever have bought doll making tools? I’m still in the process of gathering all tools together. Then I will go through them again and keep what I will use and get rid of the rest. Some are crappy and some might have come from my dad, but others are fairly new and in good condition. And I haven’t even tackled the huge tool chest in the shed!

I hung a shower curtain in the guest bathroom. I’ll be using that room when the plumber begins demolishing the master bath to get the tub out and install a new walk-in shower. I am hoping he can start that next week.

I so miss having a linen closet, though. Eventually when I get through things (and sometimes I do a little weeding out, then go back later and weed out a little more as things are still in boxes), I’ll end up with more space. I want to set up shelving units in the spare room to hold storage boxes that are properly labeled and organized.

I’m eager to get it all done, but realistically, I know it will take awhile. At the moment, my printers aren’t hooked up, I’m waiting for electricians, and more, but it’s slowly coming together and feeling like home.

It’s a more noisy neighborhood and I have to get used to the bangs and bumps (and acorns falling on the roof and rolling off — which drives Pele crazy). But I’ll adjust. I think I’ll be OK here.


No comments:

Post a Comment