Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Day Seven at Ellen Brook

I want things done so I can go back to my artist’s life. There’s still much unpacking and organizing to do, things to get rid of because there’s not much space here, or rather, as much space here.

Yesterday an issue came up with the washing machine. It’s a front loading LG. I’m not familiar with that brand and as it came with the house, there are no manuals. There are so many buttons and such that it’s terribly confusing. The wash cycle went through, then an error message flashed OE. 

I went online to look. OE means there is a kink or blockage to the drain hose or pump. I certainly can’t move this huge monstrosity to look behind it and the hoses I could see looked fine. I put in a call to a plumber, but he never called back. I now have a couple of numbers for appliance repairmen. I just fear that I’ll pay one of the latter to have him tell me it’s a plumbing issue.

Needless to say, I ended up hauling the wet clothes out and hand rinsing them in the sink before putting them in the dryer. Of course more dryer time was needed because I didn’t have the strength to wring the clothes out well enough. Still, the load got done. There is water in the bottom of the washer tub.

Nan came over later and we went through more boxes to consolidate products like multiples of cleaning supplies (remember I came from a three-floor home). I won’t need to buy any of those supplies for a long time.  We unloaded my car which has been sitting for a few days. (After having a garage for so long, I forgot how hot a car gets sitting in the sun.) Then we rearranged furniture. It’s getting there.  

I can’t wait to start painting the walls, but I don’t think I’ll be able to reach the top. I’m not sure my step ladder is tall enough and reaching over my head to do the cutting in wreaks havoc on my shoulders and back.


But I’m getting there. It’s starting to feel like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment