Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Morning Six at Ellen Brook

I have yet to fully establish a morning routine here. In Bradford, I’d go downstairs to make coffee then go back upstairs with a first cup to do my morning writing. When that was done, I’d get cleaned up and dressed and go downstairs to get on to the day’s work. Here I’ve been getting dressed before doing the writing.

The tub in this place is very narrow and while the water pressure is good, taking a shower is not comfortable. It’s difficult to step over the tub wall to get into the tub and then I feel pressed between the back wall and the shower curtain. Every time I turn around, the curtain pulls because it’s stuck to me and water sprays out onto the floor. 

The doorstop for the bathroom door is about four inches from the tub and the nearest wall. So not only do I have to be very careful stepping over the tub wall and down to the floor (the room floor is lower than the tub floor) while being careful of back and knees, I have to watch out I don’t step on that door stop. That would definitely cause some physical damage. 

But I am clean and feeling fresh. Laundry is in the washing machine. I’ve got the sliding door open a bit and the front and back doors to let in fresh air. Plus it keeps Pele busy going from door to door to check out what’s going on outside.  I’d put up a bird feeder pole that attaches to the deck railing and I went out and put up a suet cake and a seed tray. The little chickadees are chirping away.

It’s a challenge going from a 3,000 SF three-floor home with an oversized two-car garage and large shed to 1,100 SF single-floor double wide with small shed and no garage. I had sets of tools everywhere and art supplies and office supplies on each floor. Packing all that into this smaller home has been crazy. Right now I feel I can hardly move. The excess has to go.

Last night I started going through boxes to sort items. There were old receipts over seven-years-old which can be discarded, multiple tubes of glue for craft projects, various kinds of tape, I don’t need three hammers (and that’s all I’ve come across so far), paperwork never filed away properly, and more. More stuff will be put to the curb and some I will try to sell.


No comments:

Post a Comment