Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 10, Wednesday, January 30, 2013, a.m.



 
Good Morning, Everyone. Day 10 on the road. I’m beginning to lose track of time and what day it is. I was too tired to write last night. I am at a Comfort Suites Hotel in Charleston for a couple days. It’s cheaper than the Holiday Inn, has a nicer room, a much better bathroom, and it has an indoor pool which I used last night. I do miss the restaurant, though.

The lady at Magnolia Gardens had told me that I should return in the morning because rain is expected in the afternoon. Now that it’s daylight, it is quite overcast. I did want to hang out here a bit and do some writing, but perhaps I should take off early and come back early. Maybe I should only plan to do the part of Magnolia I missed yesterday and save the other two places until tomorrow.

Gosh, I’m getting old! I can’t seem to handle anything more than one thing in a day. Yesterday was a long day of walking around. Yes, some was riding, but a lot was walking and going up and down stairs. Needless to say, my legs and feet are still hurting. Maybe I’ll take a four pain relievers today instead of my usual three.

This is all so fascinating to me. I know I keep saying this, but I love Charleston. I don’t like the freeways, though. There is so much traffic. I was amazed that my room is next to Rte. 17S, I’m on the first floor, and I don’t hear the traffic that badly.

Finished my writing about yesterday and now I’m getting ready to head out. I want to do more of Magnolia Plantation and perhaps visit Drayton Hall which is down the road from it. I went out to the truck earlier. They said it’s 70 degrees, but it didn’t feel it. There’s quite a breeze this morning and it is overcast. I like it. Maybe I won’t be as hot walking as I was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment