Friday, January 18, 2013

Shopping for the Trip




I made a Market Basket run yesterday to get a few things to hold me over until I leave and to pick up a few things for the trip. I figured to bring some staple items just in case; Glass Plus to help keep windows clean when the windshield washer fluid isn’t enough, paper towels, Lysol Disinfectant, a box of tissues, and smaller containers of laundry detergent and fabric softener. I found that my favorite shampoo, Pantene, now has a shampoo/conditioner in one which I thought would be good for traveling.

As I’ve mentioned before, this is a good thing about driving. I can afford to take extra supplies. It’s better to have these things than find they are needed and have to scramble to find them. I thought about buying a case of bottled water, but I need excuses to make sure I stop along the way.

Others suggested that I have snacks for the trip. Second Nature has various packages of raw nuts, seeds, and dried fruit in the fruit aisle. There are two without chocolate. (I don’t like chocolate in my trail mix.) I also picked up a couple extra bags of unsalted cashews and almonds that I find in the produce section. At home, I mixed them all together. I prefer this over anything like potato chips or pretzels. Most of that type of stuff I find way too salty.

Leaving time is getting close. I’m nervous and feeling bad about leaving kitty behind. Karen will take good care of her, I know. I will miss my little furry baby so much and I know she will miss me. Tears fill my eyes to think about it. I just have to NOT think about it. She WILL be okay.

I am checking the weather reports and hoping there are no major storms heading this way. I am purposely waiting until the last minute to do things like vacuum floors, clean bathrooms and take out trash. I want to come home to a clean house. I will also check the refrigerator for anything that will spoil.

I usually do laundry on Mondays, but think that will take place on Sunday. I’ll finish up packing and load the truck with the items that won’t freeze. Everything else is being stacked by the door, ready to go. If I can get that done, I will leave on Monday. If I don’t get to it all, I’ll leave on Tuesday.  

As of right now, I have many loose items in the pile. Eventually I will determine whether to put those in boxes or bags with the thought of how the articles will be easily carried and accessed, what can be left in the truck and what will have to come into the hotel room at night.

Still so much to think about and do…

1 comment:

  1. When you wrote of leaving your kitty behind I felt a lump in my throat. May you have a safe journey, and I look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete