Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 9, Tuesday, January 29, 2013, a.m.



Day 9, Tuesday, January 29, 2013, a.m.

Noisy neighbors woke me about 2:30 this morning slamming doors and yelling. Then again at 3:30 and 4 a.m. I finally got up at 4:30 and I could still hear them yakking. Not sure if they were arguing or just enjoying themselves. There was a Do Not Disturb sign on their doorknob when I went out to go to breakfast at 7 a.m. I was tempted to re-open and slam my door a few times.

I was looking forward to a beautiful sunrise and was shocked to come around the corner from the elevator to find there was absolutely no view out the windows. Had someone pulled shades? Then it dawned on me it was thick fog. I tried to imagine what this tower would be like during a storm. Do they evacuate during hurricanes?

Breakfast was disappointing. When the waiter asked if I needed anything else, I almost asked for a steak knife to cut the rubber pancakes. The flavor was there once I chewed for a bit. I ate about half and a few pieces of fruit. By the time I was ready to leave, a faded sun had risen over the fog bank. It’s creating a weird light over the landscape.

I plan on going to Magnolia Plantation and Gardens. It’s a 500 acre estate with walking and bike trails, nature train, boat tour and more. That should keep me busy today. It’s touted as being “One of the top 25 most visited historic houses in America.” The lady at the desk when I went down for a trolley told me to take the far exit on the left from the hotel and then immediately cross three lanes of traffic to get to the nearest exit right. Oooh, that traffic is heavy this morning.

Well, I suppose I should get to it. I’m done with this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment