Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 11, Thursday, January 31, 2013, a.m.




I’ve been up since 4 a.m.  I finished uploading photos of my visit to Magnolia Plantation and Gardens. Facebook is really being slow with uploads and I’m having to do one at a time. I also edited and uploaded photos from the return visit yesterday. Then I finished writing last night’s blog.

I’m struggling with feeling disorganized. I had planned on keeping everything in order and I wanted to keep an accurate daily record of all doings. Somehow, I got a little mixed up. My poor brain short circuits. Can I blame it on age? I’ve got notes written in four different notebooks.

It’s very different down here. To get there, you have to drive down the road to turn around and come back because of the divided highways. Sometimes you take an exit expecting to turn into a place only to find yourself on another highway in which you have to drive a bit to find where you can turn around to come back. Sometimes there are left hand turns and sometimes you have to go right to get to the left and sometimes you don’t know until you’re there. I try driving in the middle lane and hope that if I see which exit I want, the traffic will let me in.

It’s confusing, overwhelming when you’re not used to it, and I find I get tired very easily. Okay, maybe getting up at 4-4:30 every morning doesn’t help. Still, I want to have time to get writing done. By 5 or 6 p.m., my brain is too fried to concentrate. I am just not a night worker and I’m not at home either.

Today I will tell the front desk that I’ll stay at least one more night, maybe two. There’s still Middleton Place and Drayton Hall to visit which are on my agenda today. I’m not sure I can do both in one day. That’s not even counting Cypress Gardens (the one in S.C., not Fla.)  Plus it’s getting towards the end of the week and I need to consider my newspaper work.

It’s getting on to 8 a.m. The sun is shining and the sky looks clear. Middleton Place looks to be quite large. It boasts an inn and restaurant. I’ll go there first. I’ll clean up here a bit first and try to put away papers and receipts I no longer need. I’ll head out about 9 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment