Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 2, January 22




It was a sleepless night between the hot air blowing from the very noisy heater, but not quite loud enough to drown out highway traffic. The air is very dry.

In the light of day, I get the impression this room hasn’t been used for awhile. The stains on bed covering and chair are more pronounced. Really eww. Haven’t these people heard of stain remover? I was afraid to sit on the bed to get dressed. There’s cobwebs and dust on the ceiling. I didn’t even want to look close at the black specs on the calking in the shower. My coffee cup leaked while I was getting cleaned up and soaked my Verizon cell phone paperwork. It was horrible coffee anyway. Thankfully, the paper soaked it up so it didn’t reach this laptop.

I’m debating whether to walk down and check out the Continental Breakfast or if I should wait until I pack everything up. I want to check out the map before I leave. Hmm, maybe that means breakfast. I saw some brochures when I checked in last night. I can pick up a couple. That said, I’ll be back.

I’m back. That was a quick trip for a long walk. I did talk cameras with the guy at the front desk, but as for breakfast, there wasn’t anything there that I want to eat. I picked up an interesting brochure on The Museum at Bethel Woods which has displays and films from the 1969 Woodstock Festival. Oh drat, it’s closed until April, but how cool would that be to visit. I also picked up a tourism guide for Hudson Valley. Maybe it would be good to come back sometime.

Time to peruse the map (something I did not do yesterday before I left.) Okay, once I’m back on the highway, it’s a quick hop into PA. Part of me plans to drive right through, but who knows what detours I might take. I’m ready to be out of here. I’ll let you know where I land tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment