Monday, January 14, 2013

Tiny Steps



The morning started out overcast. Dawn showed one strip of brilliant orange before sinking behind clouds. The weather is a warm 39 degrees and a lot of snow has melted. Is this considered the January thaw? By 10 a.m., the cloud cover broke showing a beautiful winter blue sky. The birds are busy. Two starlings were here earlier and a couple of robins are searching the ground for some kind of tidbits. They like it when the melted snow leaves the lawn wet and soggy.

I tried on the swimsuits. Two are okay. The prettiest one is too small. I’m not sure I ever wore that one. It looks brand new.

Today is laundry day reminding me that being on the road for awhile means that I will have to find a way to wash clothes. Maybe I’ll be lucky and the hotel in which I overnight will have facilities. I haven’t been to a laundromat since my kids were little. The thought of doing so now does not appeal to me. I’ll just have to see what I find during my travels.

Yesterday I went to a place where I could get cell phone service. I still couldn’t figure out the phone, even with the directions. Guess that means a trip to the Verizon Store in Concord within the next couple of days. I feel like such an idiot about these things.

Guess I just have to say that my strong points are in other areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment