Monday, January 21, 2013

Hitting the Road




It’s a beautiful day to be out and about, although it’s very cold. I could have gotten up at 4:30, but my room was so cold. I did force myself out of bed at 5 a.m. The sky is blue with light gray puffy clouds. The temperature is below 20 degrees, but at least it isn’t windy. Visibility is clear. I heard of a few areas that lost power yesterday.

I’m just about all packed and the truck loaded… or I thought I was. Good thing I went over my check list. I would have forgotten the road atlas. I added CDs and CD player because the player on this laptop makes noise. I’ve decided to take a set of pastels, too, in case I want to do drawings in color.

So, this is it. I made phone calls yesterday to family. I talked to the police chief.  As soon as I get done this, the laptop will go in its bag and I will hit the road.

How exciting this all is! The first leg of this trip will be heading across Rte. 9 through VT. I don’t know how many times I’ll have to stop to take a break or take photographs. Who knows where I’ll be tonight.

Well, this is it. I can’t think of anything else to say right now. I’ll report back in when I settle in for the night.

Enjoy the day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment