Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 4, Jan. 24, a.m.



 
I needed some relaxation after a stressful evening. First, I messed up the laptop and couldn’t get it to work. That’s one of my biggest fears on this trip. Then I had problems with the cell phone. It keeps going blank on me and I can’t get anything to light up. I press everywhere on the phone and nothing happens and yet, it’s still on. I found out when a call I’d been trying to make went to voice mail. I had to unplug the battery to shut it off because nothing else works. Today I have to find a Verizon Store to get those issues resolved.

When I finally got on the laptop, there was a message from Karen. There wasn’t any heat coming out of the registers at my house and she had to call in a serviceman. The boiler was out. He got it fixed, but the house had gotten very cold. When she was there earlier, she ran water upstairs and everything was fine. When she went back later, water wouldn’t run in upstairs sink and the toilet tank didn’t fill when she flushed. She turned the thermostats up. Hopefully, the house will heat up and the pipes will be okay. This happened once when we first moved in.

After writing my blog, I decided to check out the pool. It’s beside the dining area and they were serving lasagna. I certainly didn’t want to be where people could be looking at me in a swim suit. I walked down about 7:20. There wasn’t anyone around, so I went back to my room and put on my suit. I had the pool all to myself and enjoyed it. It was a little chilly even though it was inside, but it felt good. Perhaps that’s why I slept better in spite of the noisy heater coming on every couple of minutes. It’s driving me crazy

I made an attempt at breakfast this morning even though I wasn’t really hungry. The lady showed me how to do the waffle machine. It runs on a timer. My waffle was raw in the middle. Eww. I ate a few slices of bacon and drank some orange juice, but couldn’t stomach anything more.

I talked with a woman from Ocala, Fla. She said that Savannah is a wonderful place to visit and that they have trolley tours. That sounds like fun. I told her that I was thinking about going to Williamsburg, but I’m tired of the cold and think I’ll just get on Rte. 95S and find some warmer temperatures. I’ll study the map first. I don’t really want to do 95 until I have to. I want to take things a little easier today.

I wanted to import photos taken yesterday, but it’s getting late and I need to look at maps before getting on the road. Perhaps I’ll stop early this afternoon so I can get to this.

Enjoy the day, everyone, and stay warm!




No comments:

Post a Comment