Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 12, Friday, February 01, 2013, a.m.



Good Morning, Everyone. It’s February! I’m chilled and have turned the heat on. I have a decision to make. I had planned to stay here another day as Friday is usually one of my work days, but there is nothing in either of my folders. I’ve not done Drayton Hall or been to Cypress Gardens, yet I’m feeling the need to move on. Savannah will be coming up and Gail is waiting for me in Jensen Beach, Fla.

I know I will be disappointed in myself if I don’t do Cypress Gardens and if I put it off until I’m headed back north, I’m not sure I will do it. I’ve already by-passed things saying I’ll do them on the return and even when I said that, I knew there’d be that possibility that I wouldn’t. I know me.

There’s always been a pattern in my journeys whether it’s small ones, like visiting a favorite hiking place or a bigger adventure like heading off to places I’ve never been. The going out is always with excitement balanced with introspection. My footsteps are light. I take my time and revel in what I discover. I’m relaxed and very much in the moment trying to see everything and taking lots of photographs or writing poetry. I love every minute and my heart is filled with joy.

My demeanor changes when it’s time to return home. At that point, I want to be home that instant and my footsteps are hurried and heavier. Things I thought I’d photograph or explore on the way back are ignored. It’s almost as if I get some kind of message in my head that says, “Home” and a homing beacon drives me. Home becomes my focus and I can’t wait to get there.

Yesterday marked a day that was the longest I’ve ever been away from home in one stint. I am feeling, maybe a little home sick. I miss my kitty and it still brings tears to my eyes when I think of her being all alone and missing me. Yes, Karen goes over every day to make sure she has plenty of food and water and to take care of the necessary. (I don’t miss the cold and the snow, though.)

So, I am afraid that when I start feeling that I want to be home NOW, I won’t take the time to visit the places I put off on the way down. (I also know that I’ll regret it.) There’s already a part of me that wants to be home now. Being on the road can be tiring. Having to go somewhere every day when much of my time is normally spent at home alone goes against what I’ve built for myself. Living out of a suitcase and constantly dragging luggage around is a nuisance.

Life is quieter back home; living on a simple side road away from town surrounded with mountains and meadows. Here with the three lane divided highways and constant drone of traffic and feeling crowded with buildings and people, I am feeling a bit… overwhelmed. Ach, maybe I’m just missing family and friends.

But! I am not ready to call it quits. There is so much more to see and I am excited about that. Maybe this means that I cannot sit in this hotel room today. That I have to get out and do something. I still could start some of my ITR work. I could write my neighbor column and get the community calendar set up. Then when the items I have to edit and new entries start coming in, I’ll just have to contend with those.

Maybe I’m just feeling a little down this morning. Maybe I’m a disappointed because there were two days of 70 degrees and now it’s back down to the 50s. There was a time when I could have done have a dozen stops in one day and now, I can only handle one. What do I have to complain about? This is the most incredible opportunity I could hope for! I have GOT to do and see as much as I can.

I also have photos from yesterday to import, edit and post to fb. That’s exciting. I love sharing my adventure and hearing feedback.

Guess I’ll hop in the shower, get dressed, and go tell the front desk I’m staying one more night. Then I’ll see what the day brings.

Namarie (With Light and Love)




No comments:

Post a Comment