Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 29, Monday, February 18, 2013, a.m.



 
I got up just before 4 a.m. to use the bathroom. I debated about staying up knowing that going back to bed at that time means I will end up sleeping past 5 a.m. I did. It was almost 5:30 when I got up for the day. I settled at the laptop and wrote up the story Meckie told me last night. Then I thought that the sunrise from the restaurant would be beautiful, so I quickly cleaned up, got dressed and hurried to the fifteenth floor. I was just in time although Brandi said I should’ve been there a few minutes before.

No problem, I got some beautiful shots. I chose not to stay for breakfast. I’m not that hungry and I don’t want to be spending money on three meals a day.

My plans for today are to some more editing and posting of photos and to return to Middleton Place around 9 a.m. Maybe the restaurant will be open. Not that that matters. I’m more interested in photographing the grounds. I’m fortunate to have the opportunity to be able to get photos to replace the ones I lost. The camellias are probably no longer in bloom, but maybe something else will be.

I have edited 34 photos of Savannah. The emotions that run through me with that task, the things I want to tell you, what I want to show you. There are too many and I have to choose which will give the better glimpses into this city that mixes old with new.

As I edit, titles for each photo and comments I want to make come to mind. I also know that when I do get to post the photos, there will be other thoughts and words that will come forth. It’s funny that I usually take more landscape oriented photos, but on this trip, I’ve taken more portrait ones.

It’s getting on to 9 a.m. I’m off for an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment