Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 18, Thursday, February 07, 2013, a.m.




Big dilemma today as to do I stay another night or do I head south. If I took one more ride around the city, I could stop at the Silver Feather and get Gail a pair of earrings. I should bring her a gift. She’s patiently waiting for me, but eager for me to come. I’m looking forward to walking a beach.

I was going to do laundry before I left here, but Gail has generously offered the use of her washer and dryer. That would save me a few dollars. I am ready to be gone from this hotel. Next one, I must ask for a room on the end.

I did my blog for yesterday last night and charged the battery in my camera. I’ve got some packing up to do this morning. I wanted to be so organized and I am not.

One thing I forgot to mention the last couple of day is the subject of kids. One of the reasons I picked this time of year to travel was that I was hoping to do so between school vacations so I would not have to deal with many kids. At the Castillo de San Marcos on Tuesday, there was a small group school group. Those kids were running around and screaming. (The screaming was to hear the echoes in the caverns, I guess.) But it was horribly annoying for those wanting to read about the history. I was afraid one of those kids would run into me or someone else. One of the chaperones was just sitting on the bench outside and letting the boys run rampant through the different rooms.

Then yesterday at the Fountain of Youth Archeological Park, one boy was chasing the peacocks and his parents never said a word. Yes, kids need to run off energy, but there are times and places. These historical sites are not the place.

For the past two hours, I’ve been working like crazy editing photos. I finished the ones taken at Castillo de San Marcos and I’ve done some of the ones taken yesterday. I still have a ways to go. I took 204 photos yesterday. Okay, I get a little carried away. I admit it… but there’s so much to see and then to get closer for the delicate details. Ooohhh.

Shower done. Dressed, yes. Looked up directions to Gail’s, yes. Time to finish packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment