Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 23, Tuesday, February 12, 2013, a.m.



 
This morning I did not crawl out of bed until 20 minutes after 5. Slept fairly well which is good. Packed up some things last night and soon I’ll have to pack up the rest and be ready for when Gail comes to say goodbye and help me get everything out to the truck. She is such a wonderful person and good friend. It’s always good to see her. We enjoy ourselves even if it’s just sitting around talking about when we were kids.

Messages from home said they got more snow yesterday. Oh, I am not looking forward to going back. For now, I will start heading north and take my time getting to cold country. I’m still unsure about Savannah and I don’t know why. If Savannah is similar to St. Augustine and Charleston, I’m going to love it. Why am I hesitant?

I was going through some of the brochures last night and there are quite a few things I missed in Charleston. That will be a three day stop over at least.

I don’t know what today will bring besides starting the journey north. I would like to visit the wild life preserve on Cape Canaveral. That was recommended to me by one of the park rangers in Cypress Gardens, S.C. as a great place to see birds. If I stop there, I’m not sure I’ll make St. Augustine today. Well, I can’t say or speculate. After all, this is about being spontaneous and I love the idea of going by how I feel in the moment.

I’ve edited 31 photos from Feb. 6. That’s on top of what I’d previously edited last week. I took a lot of photos that day and I’m not even editing every one. I started to edit Feb. 8 photos when Gail came. It’s time to pack the laptop, we’ll have some breakfast, say goodbyes, and I’ll head north.



No comments:

Post a Comment