Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 33, Friday, February 22, 2013, a.m.




I’ve been up since 4:30 and was working at 5. This place was noisy and the first where I could hear snoring from the next room. I woke about 2 a.m. and couldn’t get back to sleep; not because of the snoring, I just couldn’t sleep.

I just checked weather in NY and it doesn’t show snow this morning. I googled maps to see how long it would take to get home and what would be the fastest route. It said to take Rte. 84E into CT and get on 91N to Rte. 9 in VT. I could be home in under six hours without any stops and in current driving conditions.

Wow, home. I want to be home and I don’t. I don’t want to come home to a storm, that’s for sure. My emotions about returning are… scattered. I want to see my kitty, but to come home to that house and to snow and cold isn’t something to look forward to. I should be glad to get home. It will be nice to sleep in my own bed and watch tv without having to deal with commercials. It will be nice to call people on a phone that works.

What’s my life going to be when I get home? I wasn’t really expecting any big revelations on this journey, but I wanted to feel different. I wanted to have some new energy, some spark. I’ve certainly enjoyed the traveling, but I’m afraid I will just crash when I get in that house; the house that is mine because I own it, but it’s not me. It’s a house that holds sad memories.

Perhaps that means one decision will be made; the decision to sell. Of course, then I’ll have to consider where to go. I like the area and I like my job. This is the first area I’ve ever lived that I have a community of friends and I feel I belong.

Well, I suppose if I start moving now and pack up, I can be on the road by 9 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment