Sunday, February 24, 2013

Day 33, Feb. 22, Kitty, I’m Hoooomme!




I had concerns about my emotions at arriving home and walking into the house for the first time in 33 days. Would I be missing my mom? This would be my first time coming home from a vacation and she wouldn’t be here. Would Freyja come running when I hollered my greeting?

When I pulled into the yard, Karen and her son, Evan were here tending to Freyja. I hadn’t been totally specific of when I’d return because I had to make the trip spontaneous to the last minute. Okay, it was all about the weather at that point. If I’d run into bad weather, I would have found a hotel for the night.

We went inside and I called to Freyja. She did not come right away, but as Karen and I stood talking, kitty showed up looking as if she couldn’t believe it was me. I called, “Hi, Kitty,” and she ran to me. I scooped her up as tears filled my eyes. “I missed you so much,” I whispered into her fur.

I dried my eyes and Karen and I continued catching up. I cannot thank her enough for watching over things while I was away and to be here when I got home probably saved me from falling to pieces. Gosh, I’m getting to be an emotional old git.

After Karen and Evan left, I did a quick check in to let everyone know I got back okay. I dragged most everything in from the truck, then crashed on the couch. The actual unpacking could wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment