Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 14, Sunday, February 3, 2013, a.m.



What day am I on? Oh, yeah…

I finished up the last of the work for the week. Re-doing minutes from selectmen’s meetings are kind of tedious. I need to weed out the trivial things and just report what the community should know.  Sometimes it’s hard to tell what’s important because I don’t have all the facts. I do the best I can and I’m happy to have the work.

This hotel is not the best I’ve stayed at. I killed one bug last night running across the vanity and the sink had coffee spilled in it. The tub creaked and groaned as I showered this morning and I wondered if it would fall through the floor. Wait a minute, I’m on the first floor and there is no basement. The toilet is the lowest I’ve ever sat on. I feel like I’m going to fall over backwards every time I sit down. When I was toweling off after my shower, I happened to look up at the vent on the wall. Ewww, I don’t think it’s ever been cleaned! That was gross and I will say something when I check out.

That said, I slept fairly well last night though I’m right by Rte. 95. The off ramp has a funny surface and the vehicles passing over it sounds like thunder. I’ve heard worse. This morning after my shower, I went to see what the breakfast consisted of and to get quarters for the washer and dryer. People were having biscuits and gravy. They were raving what a wonderful southern dish, so I had some, too. Not bad.

The internet here is giving me all kinds of problems. I message keeps coming up about redirecting my pages. I never know what to do about things like that, so I click cancel. Now I can’t post and will have to wait until I get to a new location tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment