Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 22, Monday, February 11, 2013, a.m.



Spent some time last night going through what I’ve spent and working on my time line. I must have some receipts in the bag in the truck because I’m missing a few. I planned on being so organized and keeping careful records of everything. Perhaps I should stop at Office Max and get a folder to keep the paperwork better organized.

I ate too much salad last night and should know better. I was up a few times during the night and ended up taking some aspirin around 2 a.m. for an awful headache. Still, I was up to stay before 5 a.m.as usual. Hopefully, that lettuce will work out of me soon so my stomach will settle down.

I’ve written about yesterday’s adventure and imported the photos. I still have a couple days’ worth to edit and post. Not sure when I will get to that. I probably should try to force myself to work later in the evening, but my brain seems to go into du’uh mode after 5 p.m. Typing slows and my spelling gets dyslexic. I have to keep going back and correcting. Yes, sometimes Word does auto correct, but not always.

After a lot of hemming and hawing about what to do, whether to head north or stay in Florida longer, I decided not to go across the state to Sanibel Island, not go south to the Everglades or even further south to the Keys. Gail is enjoying my company and although I’m ready to head north, (not north to snow and cold, just to Savannah and then on to Charleston,) I enjoy her company, too. I decided to stay one more day here in Stuart, just south of Jensen Beach.

Today we plan a day trip around Lake Okeechobee. We googled it yesterday and there are lots of walking trails. For me, it sounds like a nice, pleasant, quiet drive. Of course, it still could be a three lane double highway around the lake. I didn’t ask Gail. She and her daughter did it a couple years ago, so she’s familiar with it.

We plan on leaving about 8:30 - 9 a.m. It’ll take two hours to get there. I’m definitely ready for some scenery. Yes, I got to see a little water yesterday and the day before, but I still feel I am in a city and it’s too busy.  I am getting a better concept of having to go one way to be able to do a U-turn to get on the other side.

Oh, and the other thing I discovered yesterday when we were looking for the Verizon Store is that there are often whole rows of stores behind the rows along the Rte. 1. Often, you have to pull into the areas to find out what places are back there as along the highway, there are only a few signs. This is crazy! Sometimes signs that are visible are so small that you can’t read them until you’re beside them and by then, you’ve gone past.

Okay, I’ll have to admit this, and I’m sorry, Gail, but I don’t like it here. Of course, she probably realizes that already even though I hadn’t come right out and said it. I feel bad because she has connection, history (she used to live in this area years ago,) and she’s happy here. I wanted to like this area to please her. I am sorry. Okay, I got that off my chest. Now I can look forward to enjoying the day.

We always have a great time together and I’m excited about going over to Lake O.







No comments:

Post a Comment