Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 31, Wednesday, February 20, 2013, a.m.




As much as I’m ready to be home, I dread coming back to the cold, the snow, and the ice. I’ve enjoyed hiking the nature trails and gardens. I’ve loved walking around historic cities. I’ve met some really nice people and could have easily stayed longer in St. Augustine or Charleston. Savannah, too, as there were many things that I missed although Savannah didn’t “call” to me like the other two. My favorite was the plantations in S.C. although the shops and the architecture in old St. Augustine were fun to explore.

This stay at the Comfort Inn has not been the best. For the most part, the room is okay, but right off the bat I noticed filthy child-like hand prints all over the tv screen. I went out to the desk and she gave me a special cloth telling me not to put any water on it. It didn’t work. I called and she came to the room. There was like a sticky substance. She put just a little water on the cloth and was able to get the screen clean.

When I went to sit in the chair, the arms were full of that sticky stuff, too. Ugh, gross! I also wondered if the coffee pots and coffee makers are ever cleaned with detergent and water or just rinsed out. I couldn’t sign on the internet and had to call a special number. When he called back, he was able to get me on. Then this morning, I found the sink won’t drain. I’m outta here.

When I get home, I am going to rate all the places I’ve stayed and make comments. I don’t want to100% blame the chamber maids. They are probably allocated x amount of time to clean a room; vacuum, change bedding and towels. I’m sure they’re in such a hurry that they don’t pay attention to much else. Perhaps I’ll do a whole blog just on the different hotels.

This morning, as I get ready to leave Shallotte, N.C., I have a decision to make. Do I make my way to Fredericksburg, Va. up Rte. 17N which is the way I came down or do I take Rte. 40 out of Wilmington and make my way to 95N? Would that be a quicker way to Va.?

I just checked Google maps. It says the quickest way is to take 40W to 117 and onto I-795 to 95N. It’s five hours. Well, more adventures ahead, I see.

I’m out of here.






No comments:

Post a Comment